Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the unit’s work in development and implementation of ICT systems by:
- Writing and testing code;
- Observing, testing, diagnosing and fixing faults in software:
- Participating in the planning, installation and implementation of equipment interfaces and peripheral devices;
- Analysing software specifications for completeness and compatibility with system capabilities;
- Translate business requirements in functional requirements for development
- Supervise development and testing of software by external suppliers against development schedules.
- Participate in functionality upgrades and maintenance of systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experience in developing software applications to support the running of unique non-governmental organisations projects.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies in a cross-border (international) software development context.
- Experience in development of online and offline data capture solutions with centralised repository synchronization
- Experience in development of cash and voucher systems at the World Food Programme would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, organisational and planning skills
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate system development that relies on inputs from a variety of stakeholders, demonstrated experience introducing improvements into processes, experience in developing/delivering training and providing user-support.
- Experience working in an international organisation or multicultural environment will be an added advantage
- Good written and spoken English and fluent in Kiswahili.
World Food Programme
P.O. Box 44482